It has been a long time since Google has released Android Marshmallow 6.0 but only some Samsung devices have received it. One of them is Samsung Galaxy Note 5 but other devices have to wait for some weeks. However, if you own a Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini you can update it to Marshmallow 6.0 with Cyanogenmod 13.
For people who are newbie at Android devices, Cyanogenmod 13 is a custom ROM that is based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Unfortunately, this custom firmware is not developed by Cyanogenmod Team, so there may be show some bugs. You can check what is not working from this XDA thread.
Before starting the installation process we advise you to check some pre requirements before doing anything else. Here it is what you need to know.
- The Marshmallow ROM that you will find below is desigend to work only with the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini G800F (USA) devices.
- Your Samsung phone should be rooted and have installed a custom recovery like TWRP.
- It’s highly recommended to perform a full backup including call contacts, text messages, applications, videos and other personal data. Because during the update process a wipe will be required which means that everything from your device will be deleted.
- Download & Install Samsung Kies software on your computer.
- Make sure that your phone has at least 60% power left.
Keep in mind that we at Techxat, are not responsible in case you damage or brick your phone during the installation process. If you choose to install the CM13 ROM on your phone you will lose the warranty of your Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini. However, the warranty of the phone can be restored by downgrading it to the stock Android firmware.
Download | CM13 Marshmallow ROM
Download | Google Marshmallow Gapps
Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini using Cyanogenmod 13
- Download both files on your computer.
- Copy / Paste them to your phone’s internal storage with the help of USB Cable.
- Now Turn off the phone and boot it into recovery mode. The recovery mode can be arrived by pressing and holding …
- When you are in TWRP recovery main menu, you have to perform a factory reset. From recovery main menu tap on the wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then select all Dalvik cache, System, Data and Cache options. Swipe to the left to confirm the process.
- When you’re ready, go back to main menu of TWRP Recovery tap on the install option and flash CM13 Marshmallow 6.0 ROM. Swipe to the left to confirm the installation process.
- Repeat the last step but this time install Marshmallow Gapps.
- Reboot your Samsung device.
Congratulations; You just have update your Galaxy S5 Mini G800F to Marshmallow 6.0 with CM13. So, let us know how is the Cyanogenmod 13 Marshmallow is running on your Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini.