If you own a Nexus 10 tablet then I have a good news for you. Today, Cyanogenmod Team has a released a custom ROM named CM13 for the Nexus 10 devices. The CM13 is based on Android Marshmallow 6.0 and It aims to bring all Marshmallow features on your phone.
According to people who have already installed Android Marshmallow on Nexus 10 tablet, the ROM runs great without any lags or issues. This update is not official from Google so, if you do not have patient to wait for the official update to arrive over the air (OTA) then, the only option to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Nexus 10 tablet is by installing a Custom ROM on it.
If you are still interested to update your Nexus 10 to Marshmallow 6.0 then you should read some requirements from below, in order to successfully complete the installation process.
- Use this guide only with the Nexus 10 phones. Please do not attempt to use with any android phone.
- Your phone should be rooted and have a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed on your phone.
- Since, this update has nothing to do with Google, you should make a Backup. Why it is required to make a Backup? Well, during the update process a wipe will be required which means that your personal data including calls logs, messages, photos, videos, credit card information will be deleted from your phone. You can perform a backup using cloud storage platforms like Google Drive, Dropbox or using the Backup option from TWRP recovery.
- Also, you need to install Nexus drivers on your computer
- Lastly, Plug in charger your phone if the battery status shows less than 60% power left.
Keep in mind that we at Techxat, are not responsible in case you brick your phone or lose any important personal data during the installation process. If you choose to apply the steps from below you will lose the warranty of your Nexus 10.
Required Files to Download
—> Download | Cyanogenmod 13 Nightly (Marshmallow)
—> Download | Google Marshmallow Gapps
How to Install Cyanogenmod 13 Marshmallow on Nexus 10
- First, you need to download the required files from above on your personal computer. Save these file somewhere where you can easily locate them.
- Then, connect your tablet with PC using USB Cable and transfer both files CM13 Nightly and Marshmallow Gapps on Nexus 10.
- Now, disconnect the tablet from computer.
- Power your Nexus 10 completely and boot it into recovery mode.
- As mentioned above, you need to perform a factory reset. To do so, from the TWRP main menu tap on the wipe button and select Advanced Wipe option. Then select all Dalvik cache, System, Data and Cache options.
- Then, go back to TWRP main menu and tap on the install option. Find the Official CM13 Nightly Marshmallow ROM and install it.
- Go back to TWRP main menu again, tap on the install option and flash Marshmallow Gapps.
- When, you have flashed both files reboot your phone.
Perfect; You just have updated your Nexus 10 to Marshmallow 6.0 with Official CM13 Nightly. If you have any questions leave them on the comments field.