Huawei has not launched the most awaited from its costumers the Huawei P10 and Huwaei P10 Plus. Both phones come with a sleek build and same design but they are just different is specifications so, in terms of hardware.You can now pre order Huawei P10 or P10 Plus in different countries. According to some reports some carriers will sell Huawei P10 with an unlocked bootloader out of the box which means that you will be easily able to root Huawei P10 and install any custom recovery like TWRP or CWM on it without any restrictions.
Today I’ve some good news for you as you can now root Huawei P10/P10 since TWRP Recovery 3.1.0 is now available for download. So, at first you need to unlock bootloader, install TWRP Recovery and then you can easily root Huawei P10 by flashing the SuperSU package.
- Use this guide only with the Huawei P10/P10 Plus phones. Please do not attempt to use with any other Android phone.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your Huawei P10/P10 Plus.
- Also, you need to make a connection between your PC and Huawei phone which means that you should download and install Huawei P10/P10 Plus drivers.
- Please read the whole guide and do not skip any steps.
- TWRP Recovery for Huawei P10 | Download
- TWRP for Huawei P10 Plus | Download
- SuperRoot_noverity_nocrypt.zip for Huawei P10/Plus | Download
- Boot Image for Huawei P10 | Boot_VTR-L29C10B120
- Boot Image for Huawei P10 | Boot_VTR-L29C432B123
- Stock Recovery and Recovery VTR-L09C423B113 | Download
How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Huawei P10/P10 Plus
- At first, make a connection between your Huawei device and PC with the help of an USB Cable.
- Then, you need move to the Fastboot folder and press and hold shift key and right click inside the Fastboot folder at the empty space and choose open command window here.
- Now, reboot your device to bootloader mode using the below command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Once, you are into fastboot mode is preferable to check if your PC has recognized your Huawei P10 smartphone successfully. You should see there some serial number in the command prompt (CMD).So, enter the following command.
- Next, go to the place you downloaded TWRP image and rename it to recovery.img. And now flash the TWRP Recovery image by using the command from below.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- In the end, simply enter the following command to restart/reboot your Huawei P10/P10 Plus.
How to Root Huawei P10/P10 Plus using SuperRoot
- Also this time, download “SuperRoot_noverity_nocrypt.zip” from the downloads section and save it to your phone’s internal or external storage.
- Then, reboot Huawei P10 into Recovery mode. This can be achieved by pressing and holding Volume Up + Power buttons together at the same time. Remember to power off your device completely before booting it to recovery mode.
- Now, in the decrypt/data screen of TWRP Recovery, press cancel and then “Swipe to Allow Modifications” if prompted.
- When you’re ready. from the TWRP recovery, tap on the install option. Find the SuperRoot zip file and install it on your phone. Swipe the button to confirm the installation process.
- Lastly, reboot your device and you’re done.
Congratulations; These were all the steps that you had to take in order to successfully unlock bootlodaer, install TWRP Recovery and Root Huawei P10 | P10 Plus with ease. If you have any questions or want to share anything with us or our readers then do not hesitate to use the comments field.