The Huawei Mate 8 is the latest phone from Huawei, a Chinese company. This phone comes with powerful specs and impressive features. It has a 6inch screen that is protected by Gorilla Glass 4. It comes with a 16MP rear camera while the secondary camera is 8MP for selfie lovers.
Although, it’s enough a powerful phone, you can improve it by rooting it. For people who do not know once you have rooted your Huawei Mate 8 you can do many things such as remove in built apps, install apps that require root access, install custom ROMs and lot more.
How to Install TWRP on Huawei Mate 8
- Download the TWRP Recovery file from above and save it on your PC or MAC.
- Connect your device with your computer via USB Cable.
- Go to the folder where you have saved TWRP recovery, and open a command window. You can do that by pressing and holding the Shift key and clicking an a black space at the same time.
- Now, in the command window which is also known as CMD, you need to enter the device into fastboot mode. Type: adb reboot bootloader.
- Then, type fastboot devices.
- Lastly, type the name of the TWRP recovery file and wait until the flashing process is done.
As you now have installed TWRP on Huawei Mate 8 you can root it.
How to Root Huawei Mate 8
- Download the root package from here and save on desktop.
- Make a connection between your Huawei Mate 8 and your PC using USB Cable.
- Copy, paste the root package on your phone.
- When ready, turn off your device.
- Boot it into recovery mode. This can be arrived by pressing and holding
- When you are in TWRP Revocery, from main menu tap on the install option. Find the Root package named BETA-SuperSU-v2.65.zip and install it. Swipe to the left to confirm the installation process.
- Once the file has been installed successfully, reboot the phone.
You now know how to Root Huawei Mate 8 and install TWRP Recovery on it. If you have any questions do not hesitate to use the comments field.