Are you searching for a method to root Galaxy A5 2017 and Install TWRP Recovery image, then you are in the right place. If you are a newbie and if this is the first time when you want to apply a root operation then you may not know what is rooting and when it is required? Well, once you will root Galaxy A5 2017 you can uninstall the pre installed apps, install a custom recovery image, flash a custom kernel, improve battery life, speed up your phone and lot more.
When it comes to disadvantages, once you have gained root access on Samsung Galay A5 2017 you will lose its warranty. Also, since root access will remove factory restrictions on Samsung Galaxy A5 you won’t able to receive official Android OS updates over the air.
The rooting operation is not hard to complete but there are many things to take care of, so place check some requirements from below in order to root Galaxy A5 2017 and install TWRP recovery successfully.
- Please use this guide only with the Galaxy A5 2017 devices. Do not attempt to use with any other Samsung or Android phone.
- You need to download and install Samsung Kies (USB Drivers) on your PC.
- It is highly recommended to perform a full back up using cloud storage service in case anything goes wrong.
- Also, enable the OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging option that can be found on Developer Options.
- Check the phone’s battery life and make sure that it is over 20%.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy A5 2017
- First of all you need to download the TWRP Recovery image file for your Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 using the download button from below.
- Then, save the .zip file somewhere on your PC It’s preferable on desktop.
- Then, you need to boot your Samsung Galaxy A5 into download mode. To do that simply press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons at the same time for a few moments. Then press the Volume Up key.
- Next, connect your Samsung phone with your PC using USB cable and wait till Odin software detects it. Once, Odin detects your Samsung Galaxy A5, the added message should be displayed there.
- Before starting the rooting process with SuperSU you need to flash TWRP recovery image on Galaxy A5 2017.
- Click on AP option and select the TWRP Recovery image file from the folder where you have extracted before. (The Auto-Reboot option should be unchecked from Odin options).
- Then, click the Start button. The process will take a while so don’t worry, just wait until it’s completed.
- In the end, on Odin the pass message should be displayed and wait for your Samsung Galaxy A7 to restart.
How to Root Galaxy A5 2017
- At first, you need to download the latest SuperSU version from the download button which is located just below.
- Then, make a connection between your Samsung Galaxy A5 and PC, and transfer the download file to the phone’s internal storage.
- When the file is transferred with success, disconnect the phone from PC and boot it into the recovery mode. This operation can be arrived by pressing and holding both Volume Down and Power buttons, at the same time for a while.
- When you are in recovery mode, you need to wipe data/ hard reset your phone. From the TWRP main menu tap on the wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then select all Dalvik cache, System, Data and Cache options.
- Then, return to TWRP main menu and tap on the install option. Find the SuperSU package and install it.
- Now, go back to TWRP main menu again, tap on the “reboot option”.
That’s it; Now you have successfully learned how to root Galaxy A5 2017 and Install TWRP recovery. For any help or question use the comments field.