The LG V20 is the latest smartphone from the LG flagship, which has been announced at Mobile World Congress. If you own this phone, you can see that experience on the LG V20 is quite impressive.
However, if you have tried to root it and then to install any custom recovery image such as CWM or TWRP, mods, or custom ROMs and suddenly the smartphone turned off this means that your LG V20 might be bricked now. However, you do not need to worry because you can restore LG V20 to stock Rom that sometimes is also known as stock firmware using the Flash Tool.
Before starting the flash process we recommend you to check some requirements from below in order to successfully install stock firmware on LG V20.
- Use this guide only with the LG V20 smartphones.
- Plug your phone in charger especially if the power left is currently less than 50%.
- Don’t forget to perform a full backup. Why? Well, during the flash process all your data will be deleted. You can create a backup by using use backup & restore apps from Play Store, a SD card or a cloud storage software.
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging from Developer Options.
- Install Samsung LG V20 drivers on your computer.
- Read the entire article and do not skip any steps.
Download LG V20 Firmware (At the search section remember to type your LG V20 Model Number)
How to Restore LG V20 to Stock ROM using the Flash Tool
- At first, you need to download the KDZ Nougat 7.0 firmware file and Flash Tool from the buttons above.
- Save them on your computer, and now open the Flash Tool.
- Then, grab your LG V20 phone and boot it into download mode. Once you are into download mode, make a connection between your LG V20 and PC.
- Now, click on the folder icon on the Flash Tool and go to the Nougat 7.0 folder and from there select the KDZ file.
- If you have installed a custom recovery image on LG V20 you need to click on the CSE Flash option. (Keep in mind that this process will delete everything from your phone).
- In the end, just click on the start option and wait for the installation process to be completed.
That’s it; Now you have learned how to restore LG V20 to stock rom using the Flash Tool. If you have any questions or want to share anything with us or our readers use the comments box.