If you have recently rooted your Huawei P9 or install custom recovery images, ROMs, mods and now you are facing with different issues such as battery draining, boot loops, lags, bugs, force close errors and overheating then the best choice is to restore Huawei P9 to Stock Firmware.
Also, you can restore Huawei P9 to Stock ROM if you want to get official Android updates over the air and restore its warranty. Installing the Stock ROM on Huawei P9 is quite easy, however before starting with the installation process you should read some information from below. Here it is what you need to know.
- The ROM/Firmware that can be found from below is developed to work only with the Huawei P9 devices. So, please do not attempt to use with any other Huawei or Android phone.
- During the installation process, all of your personal data including apps, games, music, videos, documents, and other things will be erased from your phonepermanently . So, it is highly recommended to perform a backup. There are many ways to do that for example using cloud storage platforms, a PC or SD Card, or backup & restore apps from Google Play Store.
- Do not forget to enable Developer Options on your Huawei P9.
- Make sure you have installed Huawei P9 USB Drivers on your computer.
- Plug in charger the device if the status bar of your phone shows lower than 60% power left.
Download SectionDownload Huawei P9 Firmware/ROM
How to Restore Huawei P9 to Stock ROM
- Go to the download section and from there download Huawei P9 Firmware and save it somewhere on your computer.
- Then, Extract/Unzip the Huawei P9 Firmware.
- Now, connect your phone with PC using a USB Cable and transfer the downloaded file to the phone’s internal storage.
- Disconnect the phone from PC, and create a new folder on Micro SD Card and rename it to dload.
- When you’re ready, copy the extracted file which is named update.app and paste it to the dload folder.
- Now, you need to power off your Huawei P9 completely using the power button.
- In the end, press and hold the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time for a while. The installation process with start automatically and it will reboot itself within 5-10 minutes.
That’s it; Now you know how to restore Huawei P9 to Stock ROM or Firmware. If you have any questions or want to share your thoughts with us or our readers do not hesitate to use the comments box. One developer of our staff will try to assist you as soon as possible.