HTC launched HTC One M7 in 2013, January. The HTC smartphone is now more than three year old and the company has decided for the HTC ONE M7 devices to not receive Android 7.1 Nougat. But you don’t worry because the CyanogenMod developers have released CM 14.1 Nightlies for HTC One M7 devices.
Those Cyanogenmod 14.1 Nightlies are based on Android 7.1 Nougat and brings all Nougat applications, features and capabilities on your HTC M7. This firmware comes without any lags or issues which means that you can use it as a daily driver.
Before starting the tutorial how to upgrade you should know that the CM14.1 ROM which can be found from below is compatible only HTC One M7 devices. This guide represents an unofficial operation so your HTC smartphones should be rooted and must have installed a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM image.
During the update process a hard reset will be required. Once, you will perform a hard/factory reset all your personal data will be erased. So, it is important to make a backup using cloud storage providers such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Onedrive, a PC, or even a SD Card before doing anything else. Lastly, ensure your HTC One M7 has at least 20% power left otherwise your smartphone might get be bricked.
Note: We at Techxat, are not responsible in case you damage or brick your phone during the installation process. Also, if you choose to apply the steps from below your will lose the warranty of your HTC One M7.
Download SectionDownload HTC One M7 CM14.1 Nougat ROM Download Google Nougat Gapps
Upgrade HTC One M7 to Android 7.1 Nougat with CM14.1 Nightly
- Download the CM14.1 Nightly ROM and Android Nougat Gapps from above and save them on your computer.
- Then, with the help of USB Cable connect your HTC smartphone with your PC and transfer the downloaded files to your phone’s internal storage.
- Disconnect the phone and power it off.
- Now, boot it into recovery mode.
- As mentioned above you have to hard reset your phone. From the TWRP main menu tap on the wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then select all options that you will find there.
- Next, Go back to TWRP main menu and tap on the install option. Find the Official CM14.1 Nightly Nougat ROM and install on your device. Swipe to the left to confirm the installation process.
- Go back to TWRP main menu and tap on the install option again. This time you need to install Nougat Gapps.
- When both files have been installed reboot your phone.
Also Read: How to Root CM14.1 Nougat ROMs
That’s it; You just have upgraded your HTC One M7 to Android 7.1 Nougat with CM14.1 Nightly ROM. We are here to help you so, if you have any questions use the comments box.