Although, Xiaomi is a Chinese smartphone company maker the Xiaomi Mi Max has become one of the best smartphones when it comes to term of the price. While when it comes to developers, since Xiaomi Mi Max is also a powerful smartphone it has taken attention from CyanogenMod developers immediately.
For those people who do not know Xiaomi Mi Max has Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS out of the box so if you’re interested to update your Xiaomi Mi Max to Android 7.1 Nougat then you are in the right place. Starting from today, you can now download Xiaomi Mi Mix Nougat 7.1 firmware which is based on CyanogenMod 14.1 ROM.
The CM14.1 ROM from the CyanogenMod developers is stable which means that you can get a smooth Nougat experience on your Xiaomi Mi Max. With Android 7.1 Nougat firmware installed, your Xiaomi Mi Max should run faster and you will notice a better battery life. But, before starting the guide how to update Xiaomi Mi Max to Android 7.1 Nougat via CM14.1 you should check requirements from below before doing anything else.
- Every ROM is different so the CM14.1 ROM which can be found from below can be installed only on the Xiaomi Mi Max devices.
- Make sure you have your Xiaomi Mi Max with Root access. You can check if your Xiaomi phone has root access using the Root Checker application.
- Also, you need to install a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM on your phone. It’s recommended to install TWRP recovery as it is the most used custom recovery image.
- Since this update is not official and has nothing to do with Xiaomi you need to backup your personal data. Why to perform a backup? Well, during the installation process a hard reset will be required which means that all of your data will be deleted.
- Lastly, make sure that your Xiaomi Mi Max has more than 20% power left. If the battery status shows less than 20% power left, you should plug in it the charger for a while.
Download SectionDownload Xiaomi Mi Max Nougat 7.1 [CM14.1 ROM] Download CM14.1 Nougat Gapps
How to Update Xiaomi Mi Max to Android 7.1 Nougat via CM14.1
- Without downloading the required files you cannot update your Xiaomi Mi Max to Nougat 7.1 so download them from the download section.
- Now, boot your Xiaomi Mi Max into recovery mode.
- Once you are into TWRP Recovery mode you need to make a hard reset. From the TWRP main menu tap on the wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then select all Dalvik cache, System, Data and Cache options.
- Good; now return to TWRP main menu and tap on the install option. Choose the CyanogenMod 14.1 Nougat ROM and install it on your Xiaomi Mi Max.
- Also again, go back to TWRP main menu and tap on the install option but this time flash Android 7.1 Nougat Gapps.
- Once, both files are successfully flashed on your phone go back to TWRP main menu and select reboot system now option to restart your device.
Also Read: How to Enable Root on CM14.1 Nougat ROMs
Perfect; Now you know how easily you can update your Xiaomi Mi Max to Android 7.1 Nougat with the help of CyanogenMod 14.1 ROM. If you have any questions use the comments form.