According to the list that which Android devices will get the official Android 7.0 Nougat update, the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is not one of them. However, those XDA-developers are providing an unofficial port of CM14 ROM for the Galaxy Note 3 devices which means that now you can easily update Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to Android 7.0 Nougat with CM14.
For people who are newbie at Android devices then CM14 is also known as CyanogenMod 14 and it’s based on Android 7.0 Nougat. With this custom ROM installed on your Note 3, you will not only get all the latest Nougat features, apps, and capabilities but also tons of other Nougat features that are designed by the above developers.
CM14 ROM for Galaxy Note 3 is still under the testing stage which means that there might be shown some bugs or issues once this ROM is installed on your Samsung phone. So, before starting with the guide how to update Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to Android 7.0 Nougat via CM14 you should check the preparation from below before doing anything else.
- Since CM14 is a custom ROM, this guide can be used only with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phones. So, please do not attempt to use the ROM which can be found from below with any other Samsung variant or Android device.
- You need to have a rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 3 being able to flash the custom ROM. Also the ROM will be flashed through a custom recovery image such as TWRP or CWM which must be installed on your Samsung device.
- If you think that you might need personal info after installing Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy Note 3, then you should perform a full backup. You can easily backup the personal data of your using Nandroid backup, backup and restore apps from Google Play, cloud storage services such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Mediafiew, a PC or even a SD Card.
- Check the status bar on your Samsung phone and if it shows less than 20% power left then you need to plug in charger it for a while.
Download SectionSamsung Galaxy Note 3 Android 7.0 Nougat CM14 ROM Android Nougat 7.0 Gapps
Update Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to Android 7.0 Nougat with CM14
- At first, it is required to download the above files to your phone’s internal storage.
- Then, power off your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 completely.
- Now, enter recovery mode on Galaxy Note 7. This operation can be achieved just by pressing and holding all Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together for a while.
- You should be into recovery mode and now you need to hard/factory reset your Samsung Note device. From the TWRP main menu tap on the wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then select all Dalvik cache, System, Data and Cache options. Swipe to the right side to confirm the process.
- Then, return to TWRP main menu and tap on the install option. Find the Nougat CM14 ROM for Galaxy Note 3 and install it.
- Now, go back to TWRP main menu and tap on the install option again. Find the package of Android 7.0 Nougat Gapps that you have downloaded previously and flash it.
- Once, both files are successfully flashed on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3, reboot it.
Perfect guys; Now you have learned how to successfully Update Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to Android 7.0 Nougat with CM14. If you have any questions do not hesitate to use the comments box.