The most sold Note line of Lenovo company, the Lenovo K3 Note has now received Android 7.1 Nougat update. This update does not come official from Lenovo or Google but is based on Lineage OS 14.1 ROM.
With this version of Lineage OS 14.1 do expect to experience different problems such as: lags, force close apps, overheating and other software related issues. But, developers told us that they are working in providing a stable and a smooth Lineage OS 14.1 ROM as soon as possible they can and each time a new version of Lineage OS 14.1 is released you will be notified with a new Lineage update.
So, if you are a newbie at Android devices then you must skip this operation at least until a stable version of Lineage OS 14.1 is being released for your Lenovo K3 Note. However, if you are still interested on updating of Lenovo K3 Note to Android 7.1 Nougat then you can continue with this guide but make sure you read all the requirements which are listed especially for this guide.
- Since, you are dealing with an unofficial and manual process, your Lenovo K3 Note should be rooted.
- A custom recovery image must be installed on your Lenovo K3 Note. Also, it is preferable to have installed the latest version of TWRP or CWM recovery as through this environment you can flash the required packages.
- During the installation guide you will be required to perform a hard reset and clear app data cache. So, a full backup of your personal data including applications, games, photos, videos, documents and other things is more than important.
- Lastly, check the battery status of your Lenovo K3 Note and make sure that there is more than 20% power juice.
Keep in mind: We at Techxat, are not responsible in case you damage or brick your phone during the installation process.
How to Update Lenovo K3 Note to Android 7.1 Nougat with Lineage OS 14.1
- At first, you have to download Android 7.1 Nougat based on Lineage OS 14.1 from here, and Nougat CM14.1 Gapps from here.
- Then, move both files to your phone internal storage. Do not attempt to Unzip/Extract the Zip.file
- Now, power off your Lenovo K3 Note and boot it into recovery mode.
- When, the recovery is displayed, from the TWRP recovery you need to hard reset your phone. Tap on the wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then select all Dalvik cache, System, Data and Cache options. Swipe to the left side to confirm the operation.
- Then, go back to recovery main menu and tap on the install option. Find the Lineage OS 14.1 Nougat ROM and install it. Swipe to the left to confirm the installation process.
- Return to TWRP main menu and tap on the install option again. Select Nougat CM14.1 Gapps zip file and install it.
- Reboot your phone.
Perfect; These were all the steps that you had to take in order to successfully update your Lenovo K3 Note to Android 7.1 Nougat by flashing Lineage OS 14.1. For any questions or discussion we are here to help you.