As already promised from the Huawei flagship, you can now update Huawei P9 Lite to Android 7.0 Nougat update. The EMUI 5.0 is based on Android 7.0 Nougat for Huawei P9 Lite and it is official however it is still in beta testing which means that there you might see some issues.
Since, the Android 7.0 Nougat is especially developed for Huawei P9 Lite devices from Huawei developers, the present firmware which can be downloaded from below, brings all the new Android 7.0 Nougat features, apps and capabilities to your Huawei P9 Lite. Also, New features are included along with other essential improvements which makes this new update a must.
Moreover, the firmware can be easily customized and optimized which means that you can easily improve the performances of your phone and upgrade its battery life in case the battery of your Huawei P9 Lite drains faster than in the previous update.
Receiving and installing a new OTA is possible only if your Huawei P9 Lite is already running on stock Android OS and does not have root access. Otherwise, you will not be able to receive the notification to update your Huawei P9 Lite to Android 7.0 Nougat EMUI 5.0 OS.
Update Huawei P9 Lite to Android 7.0 Nougat Manually [EMUI 5.0]
- The Huawei P9 Lite Nougat 7.0 firmware is separated in two .zip files which means that you should flash both files in order to get a taste of Android 7.0 Nougat on your Huawei smartphone.
- The flashing process can be done using stock recovery or TWRP Recovery. But, if you already have root access it would be a nice idea to have installed TWRP recovery on your Huawei P9 Lite.
- Now, download both .zip files from above and save them you your phone’s internal storage.
- Then, power off your Huawei P9 Lite completely and boot it into recovery mode.
- When, the recovery is displayed, from the TWRP recovery you need to tap on the install option and install the first Huawei P9 Lite Nougat firmware which comes with a total size of 1300MB. You will get an error but do not worry as this is a normal error, so just go with the below step.
- Now, go back to recovery main menu and tap on the install option. Find the 2nd Android 7.0 Nougat for Huawei P9 Lite and install it. Swipe to the left to confirm the installation process.
- Reboot your smartphone.
Perfect; These were all the steps that you had to take in order to successfully download Huawei P9 Lite Android 7.0 Nougat update. For any questions or discussion we are here to help you.