Huawei has started rolling out Android 7.0 Nougat for Huawei Honor 8 smartphones. The upgrade will reach your Huawei phone soon if you haven’t received any notification at the status bar of your Honor 8 yet. The EMUI 5.0 based on Nougat 7.0 firmware will roll out to Huawei Honor 8 owners around the world however, it depends in the country you live.
But if you are a lazy Android user and not patient then you might want to download Huawei Honor 8 Android 7.0 Nougat firmware and flash it right now. For those who do not know the Nougat firmware brings a lot of changes including better battery life, easier navigation and smoother performance.
Many people and developers have updated their Honor 8 devices to Android 7.0 Nougat and according to them the firmware comes without any problems or issues so if you are planning to install Android 7.0 Nougat on Honor 8 then perform this process without hesitating. However, if you want to complete this guide successfully you should read some guidelines.
- If you are a newbie at Android devices then you might think that the firmware which can be found from below can be installed in any Huawei or Android phone. If so then you are wrong as this guide will work only with the Huawei Honor 8 devices so please do not attempt to use it with any other smartphone.
- Every time, you perform a manually process you should backup your personal data including apps, images, videos, documents or credit card detais that are stored to your phone’s internal storage.
- You Huawei Honor 8 must have enough power left or else it can get turned off right in the middle of the Android Nougat flashing process.
- Read the whole guide.
Update Huawei Honor 8 to Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware [EMUI 5.0]
- At first, download the Huawei Honor 8 Nougat 7.0 firmware from the download section below and save it to your phone’s SD storage. Download Huawei Honor 8 Nougat 7.0 Firmware
- Now create a folder named dload and extract/unzip the Huawei P9 Nougat firmware at that folder.
- Now, from your Huawei Honor 8 you need to go to Settings -> Update and tap on the menu option.
- Then, select Local update option and select the firmware that you have extracted before named update.app.
- The installation process will start and will be completed only within 10 minutes.
These were all the steps that you had to take in this guide to update Huawei Honor 8 to Android 7.0 Nougat. Do share your questions or thoughts using the comments box.