HTC has started rolling out the Android 7.0 Nougat for HTC M9, which was launched in the year 2015. According to reports so far, the Nougat OTA update is currently being seeded to owners who have a HTC One M9 unlocked carrier while locked carriers have to wait for the next year 2017.
While some owners have already updated HTC One M9 to Android 7.0 Nougat update as they’ve received the update notification but other onwers may need to wait a few more days as the OTA update will be rolled out in phases. For those people who do not know Android 7.0 Nougat update comes with new features such as: Multi-window support, improved Doze mode, redesigned notification, better battery life, shutter speed controls and much more.
Now, we only have the OTA Nougat for HTC One M9 while when it comes to the RUU Nougat firmware for HTC One M9 I should say that we will update this article one the firmware will be out for downloading. So, now you can update HTC One M9 to Android 7.0 Nougat and get a taste of the latest version of Google OS without using any custom ROM.
Before starting the flashing process from below all HTC and Google developers recommend you to read the requirements from below if you want to complete this guide successfully.
- Use this guide only with the HTC One M9 devices. Please do not attempt to use the Nougat OTA firmware which can be found from below with any other HTC or Android device.
- Make sure you’ve installed ADB and Fastboot drivers on your Personal Computer.
- This operation is official, it is required to perform a full backup of your personal data including apps, images, videos, musics, documents and other things you might need afterwards if anything goes wrong.
- You should perform this official operation only if the battery of HTC One M9 is sufficiently charged, so a percentage around 20-30% at least.
- Read the whole article and do not skip any steps.
How to Update HTC One M9 to Android 7.0 Nougat Manually
The Android 7.0 Nougat OTA Update weighs in at roughly 1.2 GB in terms of size. So, it is recommended your HTC M9 be connected to a strong Wi-Fi network.
- Enable Developer Options on your HTC One M9 and from there enable “USB Debugging”.
- Now, download HTC One M9 Nougat OTA v4.14.617.6 .Zip File from the download button below and move it where ADB Drivers are installed.
- When you’re done, boot or enter your HTC One M9 into mode by using the command from below:
adb reboot recovery
- If you see dead Android with an exclamation mark, then hold Power button and press Volume Up.
- When you’re ready; install the HTC One M9 Nougat firmware using the command from below:
adb sideload file_name.zip
- The installation process will take a while so please be patient.
That’s it; Now you know how to update HTC One M9 to Android 7.0 Nougat using the official firmware from HTC. If you have any questions do not hesitate to use the comments field.