The most popular device from Huawei, Honor 5X will not get Android Nougat update due to hardware limitations. However, Huawei Honor 5X is still the most preferred phone from all Huawei developers who now have built a custom ROM which is based on Android 7.1 Nougat OS.
According to reports we have received so far, the CM14.1 ROM is currently stable which means that it can be used as a daily driver. So, while some owners of the Huawei Honor 5X have flashed this custom firmware why not to give it a try in case you are interested to get a taste of Nougat features and capabilities.
The Lineage 14.1 is specially customized and optimized especially for your Huawei Honor 5x. Thus, as mentioned above You won’t experience any software related problems while using the Lineage 14.1 ROM which is also coming with a few tweaks. For those who do not have enough knowledge for Android Nougat update you should know that by using this custom ROM, you will notice a better battery life, the smartphone will run faster and much more.
Before starting the guide how to update Huawei Honor 5X to Android 7.1 Nougat you should check some requirements in order the installing process to go successful.
- The firmware from below can be flashed only on Huawei Honor 5x devices. Do not attempt to use it with any other Huawei or Android device otherwise you phone might get be bricked.
- For completing this guide you will need to have the Huawei Honor 5X with root access and TWRP Recovery installed on it.
- During the installation process your personal files will be deleted permanently. Thus, take care of what’s important for you including call logs, text messages, photos, videos, documents, credit card details and other things you might need afterwards.
- Make sure you have enough internal storage on your Huawei Honor 5X since the CM14.1 ROM comes with a big size.
- Charge your Honor 5X if the power left is lower than 20%.
Keep in mind: By updating your Huawei Honor 5x to Android 7.1 Nougat you will lose its warranty. Except warranty, you even will not be able to receive OTA updates unless you choose to install stock firmware of Honor 5X again.
Download SectionDownload Honor 5X Nougat 7.1 ROM
How to Update Honor 5X to Android 7.1 Nougat via Lineage 14.1
- Download both files from above and save them to your phone’s internal storage. Do not attempt to Unzip/Extract the Zip.file
- Now, power off your Huawei Honor 5X completely using your preferred method and boot it into recovery mode.
- When, the recovery is displayed, from the TWRP recovery you need to hard reset your phone. Tap on the wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then select all Dalvik cache, System, Data and Cache options. Swipe to the left side to confirm the operation.
- Then, go back to recovery main menu and tap on the install option. Find the Lineage 14.1 Nougat ROM for Honor 5X and install it. Swipe to the left to confirm the installation process.
- Return to TWRP main menu and tap on the install option again. Select Nougat Lineage 14.1 Gapps zip file and install it.
- Reboot your phone.
Also Read: How to Root Lineage 14.1 Nougat ROMs
Good Job; Now you know how easily you can update Honor 5X to Android 7.1 Nougat via Lineage OS 14.1 ROM. For any questions or discussion do not ever hesitate to use the comments field from below.