The CyanogenMod team is not stopping since it has released many CM14.1 builds not even for Samsung but also for all Android devices everyday. However, if you haven’t been able to get the OTA update yet, you can now update Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to Android 7.1 Nougat OS.
For those who are newbie at Android devices they might not know what is CyanogenMod team? If so, then CyanogenMod is a community with Android developers who develops Android updates once they have been released.
Sincerely, Android 7.1 Nougat is a big update for Galaxy Note 4 since it comes pre-installed with Android 4.4.4 KitKat out of the box. Once you have installed the Android Nougat firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 you will be able to get a taste of all Nougat features, capabilities and applications.
If you are interested to download and install Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy Note 4 then from below we have listed some guidelines which you should read all of them whether you want to complete this guide without problems or issues.
- Every custom ROM which is offered from the CyanogenMod team is designed to work only with one Android device. In our case the CM14.1 ROM based on Nougat 7.1 can be installed only on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 smartphones.
- Your Galaxy Note 4 should have root access and must be running a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM.
- Since, you will perform an unofficial operation it will be required factory reset your phone during the installation process. So, it is recommended to perform a full backup including your personal data such as: applications, images, videos, documents, notes and other things that you might need afterwards.
- Check the battery status of your Samsung phone. Plug in charger the device if it has less than 20% battery left.
- Follow the guide at your own responsibility.
Download SectionDownload Samsung Galaxy Note 4 CM14.1 ROM Download CM14.1 Gapps
How to Update Galaxy Note 4 to Android 7.1 Nougat via CM14.1
- Grab the above files to your phone’s internal storage. Do not attempt to unzip or extract anything.
- Now, power off your Galaxy Note 4 and boot it into recovery mode.
- As mentioned above you have to hard reset your phone. From the TWRP main menu tap on the wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then select all options that you will find there.
- Next, Go back to TWRP main menu and tap on the install option. Find the Official CyanogenMod 14.1 Nougat ROM and install on your device. Swipe to the left to confirm the installation process.
- Then, go back to TWRP main tap on the install option again but this time you should install CM14.1 Nougat Gapps.
- In the end, return to TWRP main menu and from there reboot your Samsung smartphone.
That’s it; Now you know how to update Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to Android 7.1 Nougat with the help of CyanogenMod 14.1 ROM. Do share with us your questions or thoughts using the comments field.