If you want to install new ROMs on your Xiaomi Mi Mix then you should have root access. For people who do not know, with root you can access the internal system of your Android device.
As I mentioned above after gaining root access on your Mi Mix you will be able to install the latest ROMs for your Xiaomi Mi Mix and you can also optimize or customize the internal system, install complex apps, improve battery life, remove in built apps, change boot animation and much more.
In this guide you will need to perform two processes and then you will be able to root Xiaomi Mi Mix. So, please check all requirements which are listed from below if you are interested to root Mi Mix without any problem.
- Rooting is considered a risky operation for newbie Android devices thus, you will lose all of your personal data so you must backup your data which is saved on the internal storage memory of your Xiaomi phablet, including call logs, contact list, apps, photos, videos, or audio files.
- Keep in mind that operation is not official thus, once you have rooted your Xiaomi Mi Mix the warranty will void.
- It’s highly recommend to charge the Xiaomi Mi Mix if its power left is lower than 50%, because if your device gets turned off while completing the steps from below, your phone might get bricked.
- Read the complete guide and do not skip any steps.
How to Install TWRP on Xiaomi Mi Mix
- The rooting process requires to have installed TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Mix as without it you can not flash the SuperSu Root package Download TWRP recovery image for your Xiaomi Mi Mix from the button below and rename it to TWRP.img. Download TWRP for Xiaomi Mi Mix
- Now, grab your Xiaomi phablet and go to developer option and enable OEM unlock and USB Debugging. Check how to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on MIUI 8
- Then, you need move the recovery.img file to the Fastboot folder and press and hold shift key and right click inside the Fastboot folder at the empty space and choose open command window here.
- When you are done, make a connection between your phone and your computer using USB Cable and boot your Xiaomi Mi Mix into Fastboot Mode.
fastboot reboot bootloader
- Now, open CMD as Administrator and type the following command if you want to boot the TWRP Recovery image.
fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
- And now, type the following command to reboot your phone
How to Root Xiaomi Mi Mix
Since, you have installed TWRP Recovery now you are able to root Mi Mix by flashing SuperSU package.
- Download the latest version of SuperSu from the button below. Download Root package
- Now, you need to download the latest version of no-verity-opt-encrypt disabler. Download dm-verity and forced encryption disabler zip
- Grab your Xiaomi Mi Mix and boot it into recovery mode using hardware buttons.
- When you are into TWRP Recovery image select your preferred language and check the “Never show this screen on boot again” option, and Swipe to confirm the process.
- From the TWRP recovery, tap on the install option. Find the dm-verity and forced encryption disabler zip zip file that you downloaded previously and install it on your phone. Swipe the button to confirm the installation process.
- Go back to TWRP main screen again, tap on the install option but this time install SuperSu root package.
- Return to the TWRP main menu and tap on the reboot system option to restart your Xiaomi Mi Mix.
Congratulations; You know now how to easily install TWRP recovery and root Xiaomi Mi MIx using SuperSU. Let us know how things worked for you by using the comment box from below.