Good news for Xiaomi Mi 6 users as TWRP Recovery image for Xiaomi Mi 6 is now available with the help of which you can root Xiaomi Mi 6 with ease. This phone brings back Xiaomi to the smartphone game. Many Android lovers are eagerly waiting to buy the Mi 6 device and we should not forget to mention that the device is great buy for its price.
However, if you are someone who does not like stock Android OS then you might be here to learn how to root Xiaomi Mi 6 and install the best custom recovery image named TWRP. Also, the bootlodaer of Xiaomi Mi 6 can be now unlocked without any hesitation. But unlike other Android manufacturers you should wait for the Xiaomi company to approve the request that you want to unlock Xiaomi Mi 6 bootloader.
Some Benefits of Rooting
- Install custom ROMs with extra Android features added by developers.
- Improve your Xiaomi Mi 6 device by optimizing the battery life and making it run faster the used to.
- The ability to install Xposed Framework to customize the TouchWiz of Xiaomi Mi 6.
- Uninstall blootware apps (Pre-Installed Apps)
- This guide is compatible only with the Xiaomi Mi 6 devices.
- All of your personal data will be deleted from your device permanently. So, the best way to make sure that they are in safe hands is by performing a full backup.
- Take a look if you have enough battery juice on your Xiaomi Mi 6. Do not proceed with this guide if there is less than 20% power left.
- Read the whole article and do not skip any steps.
How to Unlock Xiaomi Mi 6 Bootlodaer
- At first, you need to apply for the bootloader unlocking permissions by going directly to this official site which is offered by Xiaomi.
- When, you have applied for unlocked process you need to download the latest version of Mi Unlock tool from our site.
- Now, grab your Xiaomi Mi Note 2 smartphone and log in with the Mi account that you have used for the bootlaoder unlocking process. Also, switch on “Find My Device” service in your Xiaomi Mi Note phone. (Log in with mobile number instead of mail id).
- Once, you have signed in with Mi account, you need to go to directly to the https://i.mi.com/ site. From there, log in with the Mi account and within a few minutes you will receive a message on your phone where can be found the verification code.
- Type the verification code and you will have a verified Mi Cloud account.
- Then, you need to wait for a day, and then you can continue with the steps from below.
- Welcome again, now launch the Mi unlock tool and sign in with same Mi account. Do not forget to sign in with your mobile number instead of mail Id.
- Now, there will be a list, so check if your Xiaomi Mi Note 2 device is connected.
- If so, grab your Xiaomi phone and go to developer option and enable OEM unlock and USB Debugging. Check how to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on MIUI 8
- In the end open Mi Unlock Tool, make sure you have signed with your Mi account and from there click on the Unlock button.
How to Install TWRP Xiaomi Mi 6
- The rooting process requires you to have installed TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6 as without it you can not flash the SuperSu Root package. So, download TWRP recovery image for your Xiaomi Mi 6 from the button below and rename it to TWRP.img. Download TWRP for Xiaomi Mi Mix
- Now, grab your Xiaomi Mi 6 and make sure you’ve enabled USB Debugging from Developer Options.
- Then, you need move the recovery.img file to the Fastboot folder and press and hold shift key and right click inside the Fastboot folder at the empty space and choose open command window here in order to open Command Prompt (CMD).
- When you are done, make a connection between your phone and your computer using USB Cable and boot your Xiaomi Mi 6 into Fastboot Mode.
fastboot reboot bootloader
- Now, open CMD as Administrator and type the following command if you want to boot the TWRP Recovery image.
fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
- And now, type the following command to reboot your phone
- You’re done.
How to Root Xiaomi Mi 6
This is the final process which will root Xiaomi Mi 6 without any hesitation. But, you are required to download no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip for Mi 6 in order to have full root access.
- Since, you have flashed TWRP Recovery image on your Xiaomi Mi 6 boot it into the recovery mode.
- Then, select your preferred Language and tap “Never show this screen on boot again”, and Swipe allow modification.
- From the TWRP recovery, tap on the install option. Find the dm-verity and forced encryption disabler zip. file that you downloaded previously and install it on your phone. Swipe the button to confirm the installation process.
- Enjoy root access on Xiaomi Mi 6.
Congratulations; Now you know how to successfully unlock bootlodader, install TWRP Recovery and root Xiaomi Mi 6. If you have any questions use the comments box.