The Xiaomi Redmi 3S can now be customized with various custom ROMs, recovery images, MODs and so on. However, you need to root Redmi 3S & install TWRP Recovery before performing the above operations.
Thanks to some developers now you can easily root Redmi 3S and flash the most used recovery image, TWRP Recovery at the same time. If you do not have enough information about benefits and cons of rooting then you might be a newbie at Android devices.
At first, rooting is an unofficial operation which means that once you will root Xiaomi Redmi 3S, the warranty of your phone will get void. When it comes to benefits, then it depends how you will manage your phone. Once your Redmi 3S is rooted you can customize its TouchWiz UI, speed up, improve the battery life and lot more.
Before starting with the rooting process you should read the guidelines from below in order to complete this guide successfully.
- Please use this guide only with the Xiaomi Redmi 3S devices.
- Make sure you have installed Xiaomi Redmi 3S USB Drivers on your PC.
- Unlock Xiaomi Redmi 3S Bootloader.
- On your handset you need to enable the Developer options; in order to do so, just go to menu > settings > about phone > tap 7 times on the build number option. Then, Developer Options will be enabled, go back to settings find developer options and then enable USB Debugging.
- On the other hand, you should charge your phone before following the below steps. Keep in mind that if your Xiaomi Redmi 3S gets turned off in the middle of the root operation, it might also get bricked.
- Read the whole article and do not skip any steps.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 3S
- First of all, you need to download the TWRP Recovery Installer on your PC.
- Now, grab your phone and boot it into fastboot mode. This can be arrived by pressing and holding both Volume UP + Power buttons at the same time for a while.
- Once you are into fastboot mode, make a connection between your Personal Computer and Xiaomi Redmi 3S using a USB Cable.
- Enter any key and the flashing process will start.
- When, the install process is done your phone will restart automatically and you’ll booted into TWRP Recovery.
- Then, you should choose to “Swipe to Allow Modifications” and then you’ll be able to root Redmi 3S.
- In the end, just go to go to Advanced Setting > and select the “Disable dm-verity“ option, in this way your phone will not stuck on the boot logo.
How to Root Redmi 3S using SuperSU
- Download the latest SuperSU Package from the button below and save it somewhere on your Personal Computer. Download SuperSU package
- Now, make a connection between your phone and PC and transfer the root package on your Xiaomi Redmi 3s.
- Now boot the phone into recovery mode. This can be achieved by pressing and holding both Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time for a while.
- From the TWRP recovery, tap on the install option. Find the SuperSU zip file and install it on your phone. Swipe the button to confirm the installation process.
- Return to the TWRP main menu and tap on the reboot system option to restart your Xiaomi Redmi 3S.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to successfully root Redmi 3s and Install TWRP Recovery. If you have any questions do not hesitate to use the comments field.