This this step by step guide is especially for you who want to root Lineage OS ROMs using SuperSu Easily. If you are having an old Android device then there are chances that your phone be stuck on Android 4.4.4 KitKat or Lollipop 5.0. However, with Lineage OS ROMs you can upgrade your phone to the latest Android Nougat 7.0 and then your Android phone will look like a brand new. Lineage OS 14.1 contains all new features, apps and capabilities of Android N 7.1.1 along with extremely useful in built settings.
However, if you want then to customize, optimize and improve the performances of your Android phone you should root Lineage OS 7.1.1 ROM that is flashed on your phone. If you are not familiar with gaining root access, or have relatively little experience in this field, then I should tell you that there are many advantages and only some disadvantages.
Rooting allows you to install custom recovery images such as TWRP, CWM or pHilz, MODs, ROMs, speed up your Android phone, increase the battery life and so on. When it comes to the disadvantages once you’ll root Lineage OS ROMs that is installed on your phone you will lose its warranty.
So, if you’re really interested to root Lineage OS ROMs then you should check the preparation from below in order to enable root access successfully. Here it is what you need to know.
- Use this guide only with the Android devices.
- Make sure you’ve installed any version of Lineage OS on your Android device.
- As mentioned above
- This custom ROM is an unofficial operation so, it’s recommended to perform a backup in case anything goes wrong. You can create a backup by using Nandroid or Backup & Restore apps from Google Store.
- Lastly, Plug in charger your phone if the battery status shows less than 60% power left.
How to Root Lineage OS ROMs using SuperSu
- Grab your Android smartphone power it on.
- Now from the home screen go to apps and then to Settings.
- Then, scroll down and tap About phone. From there you need to enable Developer Options. So, tap tap seven times on Build number.
- Go back to settings and the developer options option should be displayed, tap on it.
- Now, scroll down slowly and find for an option named Root Access, Enable Root or Root and then set it as Apps and ADB or Apps only or ADB only.
- You’re done.
- Download the SuperSU (Root package) from the button which is located below and save it on your PC.
- Then, make a connection between your Android phone and PC using the USB Cable and transfer the root package on your phone. Then, unplug the USB Cord.
- Now, power off your Android device completely.
- Next, boot the phone into recovery mode.
- When you are in recovery mode, you need to wipe data/ hard reset your phone. From the TWRP main menu tap on the wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then select all Dalvik cache, System, Data and Cache options.
- Then, return to TWRP main menu and tap on the install option. Find the SuperSU package and install it.
- Now, go back to TWRP main menu again, tap on the “reboot option”.
Congratulations CM14 users; Now you have learned how to root CM14 / CM14.1 ROMs Android 7.0 Nougat. If you have any questions or want to share your thoughts with us or our readers do not hesitate to use the comments box. We’ll try to assist you as soon as possible.