Android 7.0 Nougat, is the biggest update from the Google company but unfortunately only some devices will get it and one of them which already have received that update is LG G5. This update comes with many new features which can not be found on previous Android OS including multi tasking or multi window, Doze mode, Data Saver, Notification Controls and lot more.If you own a LG G5 then today I have a good news for you as the most famous developer, Chainfire has confirmed that he has found a way to root LG G5 on Android 7.0 Nougat. So, the Chainfire developer has released now the SuperSU package for your LG G5 based on Nougat 7.0 OS.
For people who do not know, SuperSU will give you root privileges once you have flashed the package on your LG G5. Also, we should not forget to say that you do need to perform any other process as SuperSU will disable dm-verity automatically. However, before we proceed with the rooting process we recommend you to check the guidelines from below if you don’t want to face with LG G5 Bootloop issue after flashing the SuperSU root package.
- The root package from below is especially developed for only LG G5 devices based on the Nougat 7.0 update. So, do not attempt to use it with older Android versions.
- Also, ensure that you have installed a custom recovery image such as TWRP or CWM on your LG G5 (It is preferable to have installed the TWRP recovery image).
- Since rooting is not an official process from Google and LG you should take case of your personal data on your LG G5. So, perform a full backup using Titanium Backup, cloud storage services or even a SD Card.
- Give a glance at the notification bar and from there check the battery life of your LG G5. If your smartphone shows less than 20% power left then plug in charger it for a while.
- Lastly, read the whole article and do not skip any steps.
How to Root LG G5 on Android 7.0 Nougat via SuperSU
- Download SuperSU Root Package for your LG G5 based on Android 7.0 Nougat using the button from below. Download Android 7.0 Nougat Root Package
- Then, power off your LG G5 completely.
- Now, you need boot it into recovery image.
- When you are into TWRP recovery image, from the main menu tap on the install option and by using volume buttons find the Android 7.0 Nougat root package that you have downloaded previously and install it. Swipe to the right side to confirm the installation process.
- In the end, go back to TWRP main menu and from there tap on the reboot option to restart your LG G5 smartphone.
That’s it; Now you know how to root LG G5 on Android 7.0 Nougat by flashing SuperSU package. For any questions or problems use the comments section and we will try to assist as soon as possible.