Have you own the latest phone from the Lenovo flagshipp, the Lenovo Vibe K5 and you have tried to root it, install custom recovery image, ROM and now you are facing with various software related issues. If, so then you might be looking for a method which will save your phone from boot loops, lags, bugs, force close errors, battery drain issues, heating problems and so on.
Once you’ll install Stock Android 5.1 Lollipop on Lenovo Vibe K5 root access will be removed and bootloader will be relocked. Restoring or Downgrading Lenovo Vibe K5 to Stock ROM/Firmware is an official process from Lenovo which means that the warranty of your phone will not get void by completing this step by step guide.
Before starting the guide how to restore Lenovo Vibe K5 to Stock Android 5.1 Lollipop you should read the guidelines from below in order to successfully restore the phone back to its initial state.
- Use this post only with the Lenovo Vibe K5 phones. If you attempt to use the stock firmware which is listed below with any another Lenovo or Android phone then your phone will be bricked.
- Before flashing the stock Android 5.1 Lollipop firmware on your phone you should make a backup otherwise you will risk to lose all of your personal data.
- Make sure you have installed Lenovo Vibe K5 USB Drivers.
- You need to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking from Developer Options.
- You should plug in charger your Lenovo Vibe K5 if you notice that the power left is lower than 50% without hesitation.
- Do not skip any steps.
Download SectionDownload Lenovo Vibe K5 Firmware ROM SP Flash Tool
Restore Lenovo Vibe K5 to Stock Android 5.1 Lollipop Firmware
- First, download both the Firmware file and SP Flash Tool on your PC. Save them somewhere on your PC, it’s preferable on desktop.
- Now, extract the SP Flash Tool .zip file and the stock firmware and launch launch SP Flash Tool as Administrator.
- Then, click on the scatter loading button on SP Flash tool and go to the folder where you have extracted the firmware of Lenovo Vibe K5. There open the target_bin folder and find the xxxxx_Android_Scatter.txt file and then click open.
- Wait a few minutes for the files to be loaded on SP Flash tool, and make sure that all files are checked.
- When you’re ready, click on the download button or press Ctrl+D at the same time.
- Up Next, power off your Lenovo Vibe K5 completely and connect it to your PC using a USB Cable.
- If you’ve installed Lenovo USB Drivers correctly the installation process should start and it will be completed within ten minutes.
- Once the installation process is done, unplug the USB cord and reboot your phone.
Good Job; Today, you’ve learned how to restore Lenovo Vibe K5 to Stock Android 5.1 Lollipop Firmware using SP Flash Tool. If you want to ask us anything use the comments field.