MIUI 8 is getting more and more popular as the number of devices with MIUI 8 continue to increase. Android is an open source, and it can be used on almost every device except iOS devices.
It comes sometime a moment when you need to connect your phone with your Personal Computer in order to transfer different files between them. Also, sometimes you want to get a better Android experience by customizing your phone. But, you will need to root your Xiaomi phone and then you’ll be able to flash custom ROMs, MODs and so on.
So, if you want to perform the above operations then at first you need to learn how to enable Developer Options & USB Debugging. The developer options & USB Debugging on your phone are hidden by default which means that you need to enable them itself. If you are newbie at Android devices then you might not know that the Developer Options feature allows you to show touches, pointer location, CPU usage, change Animation Transition Scale, verify apps via USB, show bug report, limit background processes and lot more.
How to Enable Developer Options on MIUI 8 Phones
- Grab your phone and go to “Settings”
- Then, scroll down and find the “About phone” option, tap on it.
- Now, find the “MIUI version” option and tap on it 7 times.
- After 7 taps, a notification should appear saying ” You are now a developer”, ” Develop mode has been enabled” or “You have enabled Developer Options”.
How to Enable USB Debugging on MIUI 8 Phones
- When, you’ve enabled Developer Options on MIUI 8, you need to go back to settings.
- Find, the “Additional Settings” menu and tap on it.
- Now, from there scroll down and go to “Developer Options”.
- In the end scroll down, find the “USB Debugging” option and tap on it.
That’s it; Now you’ve learned how to enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on MIUI 8 phones. If you have any questions do not hesitate to use the comments box.