Lineage OS is the most known custom ROM for Android devices. As you might know for every year Google releases a new operating system with new features and better battery life for specific Android devices.
Once, Google releases a new update, it also releases the source code for Android via the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), which allows anyone to download the source code for stock Android. Then, Lineage OS team starts developing that version for almost every Android phone.
Google has released the biggest update for Android phones named Nougat 7.0 and the first devices which have received this version are as always Nexus devices. Now, The CyanogenMod team has finally released Lineage OS 14.1 builds which are based on Android 7.0 Nougat. Lineage OS 14.1 which is also known as Lineage 14.1 comes installed with all Android 7.0 Nougat features, applications and capabilities.
So, if you are a newbie at Android devices then you might not know how to easily install Lineage OS 14.1 on your Android phone. If you are one of them then you should check this guide from below which will show you how to install Lineage 14.1 via Recovery mode.
How to Install Lineage OS (13.0/14.1) on Android phones
- First of all you need to download Lineage OS and Android 7.0 Nougat Gapps for your Android phone by checking our website. (Skip this step if you already have downloaded them for your phone)
- Then, make a connection between your Android phone and PC with the help of USB cable, and transfer Lineage OS ROM and Nougat 7.0 Gapps to your device’s internal storage.
- Now, you need to enter your phone into TWRP Recovery mode.
- When you are into TWRP recovery main menu, you have to perform a factory reset. From recovery main menu tap on the wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then select all Dalvik cache, System, Data and Cache options. Swipe to the left to confirm the process.
- When you’re ready, go back to main menu of TWRP Recovery tap on the install option and flash Lineage OS 7.1 Nougat ROM. Swipe to the left to confirm the installation process.
- Repeat the last step but this time install Android 7.0 Nougat Gapps.
- After, both files are successfully flashed on your phone go back to TWRP main menu and select reboot system now option.
Good Job; Now you have learned how to install Lineage OS on Android phones by using TWRP Recovery. If you have any questions want to share anything with us or our readers then do not hesitate to use the comments box from below.