Although, Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus come with a non-removable battery they support MicroSD Card or Dual SIM. Micro SD cards are also known as Transflash cards and they are some of the smallest memory cards currently available.I own a Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus and I’ve been using it for a while, so I’ve asked myself if there is any available method to enable adoptable storage on Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus. If this is also your question then make sure you have a good quality with high-speed MicroSD card since you can enable adoptable storage on Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus without any restrictions.
For those who do not know what really in fact is Adoptable Storage then you need to learn all its benefits. Well, nowadays smartphones are being smarter and smarter and they give you the ability to record 4K videos. take images with crisp and sharp details and install huge games in size.
If you are a person of that kind, you might have been facing with the “Insufficient Storage on Device” or “Low Storage” problems thus, in order to solve that warning you need to expand the internal storage of your Samsung Galaxy S8 by lnking your SD Card, isn’t cool?
- First of all, you should download and install Samsung Kies for Galaxy S8/Plus on your Personal Computer.
- Also, download and install ADV Drivers on your PC.
- Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on your Samsung device. To do this, go to your device’s Settings » About Device » “Software Information” find “Build Number” and tap on it 7 times. After 7 times go back to Settings, scroll down, tap Develop Options, find USB Debugging and tap on it to enable.
- Lastly, take a look at the battery status of your Samsung Galaxy S8 and make sure it has at least 20% power left.
How to Enable Adoptable Storage on Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus
- Go to the folder where you have installed ADB Drivers.
- Now open command window option. This can be arrived by placing the mouse pointer at an empty space in the folder and then press Shift key + Right click at an empty space and select open command window here option.
- Then, connect your Samsung Galaxy S8 to your PC using an USB Cable. Verify if your PC has detected it by using the below command.
- Next, also this time you need to check if your SDCard is available for adoption by using the below commands. (Make sure SDCard is inserted into Samsung Galaxy S8)
- When you are done; you should see on the command window something like disk:179:160. If so, then you can continue with the next steps.
- You can adopt your SDCard with different percentage (%) but in case you need to adopt it 100% you need to use the below command. Remember to change the disk ID as per your device.
sm partition disk:179:160 private
- The above command is only if you want to fully adopt your SD Card but if you want to adopt only half of it (50%) type the below command. You can also adopt your SDCard with different percentage such as 30%, 60%, 90% and so on.
sm partition disk:179:160 mixed 50
- In the end, reboot your Samsung Galaxy S8 and check its storage. Enjoy!
That’s it; These were all the steps that you had to take in order to successfully enable adoptable storage on Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus without root access. If you have any questions place them on the comments section.