Huawei P9 is a smartphone with high end specs and it runs Emotion UI 4.1 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Last month, Huwaei released MIUI 5.0 based on Android 7.0 Nougat for Huawei P9 devices and if you have already updated it, now you might want to downgrade it back to stock.
It is known that once you have updated your Huawei P9 to Nougat 7.0 you have noticed a better TouchWiz UI but in some situations it might run with lags. The reasons for downgrading Huawei P9 from Android 7.0 Nougat to Marshmallow 6.0 are a lot as in some cases your Huawei P9 might run slower than it used to, the battery might drain faster and there might be lags or bugs/problems.
So, if you have decided to downgrade Huawei P9 from Nougat 7.0 to Marshmallow 6.0 then do not worry as this process is official which means that you will not lose the warranty of your Huawei smartphone.
However, before doing anything else you should check and complete the pre requisites from below since you will deal with a manual installation procedure.
- Use this article only with the Huawei P9 NXT-L29 devices.
- Downgrading or Restoring your Huawei P9 from Nougat 7.0 to Marshmallow 6.0 will erase the internal storage system of your device which means that all of your personal data, info and accounts will be wiped out. So, perform a full backup of files that you might need afterwards by using cloud storage services, a SD Card, a PC or your favorite method.
- Check the battery status of Huawei P9 and if the power left is lower than 20%, plug in the charger for a few minutes.
- Do not skip any steps.
Download SectionDownload Huawei P9 Marshmallow Package for EVA-L09 (Europe) Download Huawei P9 Marshmallow Package for EVA-L29 (Russia) Download Huawei P9 Marshmallow Package for EVA-L29 (Middle East & Africa)
How to Downgrade Huawei P9 from Nougat 7.0 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- At first, download the Huawei P9 Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware from the download section above and save it to your phone’s SD storage. It is recommended to chose the right firmware for your Huawei P9 based on the country you live.
- Now, create a folder named dload and extract/unzip the Huawei P9 Marshmallow firmware at that folder.
- Now, from your Huawei P9 you need to go to Settings -> Update and tap on the menu option.
- Then, select Local update option and select the firmware that you have extracted before named update.app.
- The installation process will start and will be completed only within 10-30 minutes.
That’s it; For any questions or thoughts use the comments field and we will contact you as soon as possible.