Coolpad Note 5 is Coolpad’s latest flagship and one of the most powerful Coolpad phablet out there. Since this phablet comes with high end specifications the Coolpad company has started rolling out Android 7.0 Nougat for for Coolpad Note 5 devices.According to owners and developers who already have upgraded their Coopad Note 5 devices to the latest Google OS, Android 7.0 Nougat they are experiencing a buggy firmware that runs with lags, heating, WiFi and Call problems and other software related issues.
However, if you are looking for a tweaking method in order to customize and optimize your new phablet then you must root Coolpad Note 5 on Nougat 7.0 update and this might be another reason to downgrade your phablet as now for now there is not any compatible method to root it.
So, for you as an advanced Android developer the Marshmallow 6.0 update is a better solution for your Coolpad Note 5 device. Thus, during the following tutorial I will show you how to easily downgrade your Coolpad Note 5 from Nougat 7.0 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS but before starting with the installation process you should check the requirements which we have listed them from below.
- Downgrading is an official process from the Cooldpad company which means that you will lose the warranty of your Coolpad Note 5. Moreover, flashing the stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow will revoke root access, relock the bootloader, reinstall the stock recovery image so, you will restore your Coolpad Note 5 back to its initial state.
- By, restoring your Coopad device back to its initial state you will lose every personal data that is stored to your phone’s internal storage. So, if you think that you might need your personal data afterwards it is recommended to perform a full back up using cloud storage services, a PC or a MicroSD Card.
- For being able to use this guide, you should check the battery life of your Coolpad Note 5. If it shows less then 20% power left plug it in charger for a while.
- This firmware from below is compatible only with the Coolpad Note 5 devices so do not attempt to use it with any other Android or Coolpad device.
- Lastly, read the whole guide and do not skip any steps.
How to Downgrade Coolpad Note 5 from Nougat 7.0 to Marshmallow 6.0
- First of all, you need to download both required files from above and save them at your PC.
- Then, make a connection between your Coolpad device and your PC or Laptop using an USB Cable.
- Now, open the YGDP tool, it will ask for a password so type the following one:
- When you’re ready: click on the configure option.
- Click on the folder icon, a new window will pop up and from there and select the .CPB file (The firmware that you have downloaded previously in this case).
- Now power off your device completely and connect it to PC in “bootloader mode” under “recovery menu”.
- Now click on Start button to start the installation process.
- The downgrading process will take a while so do not worry, when you see the “Successfully Upgrade” message close the YGDP Tool and reboot your device.
That’s it; Now you have learned how to downgrade Coolpad Note 5 from Nougat 7.0 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS. If you have any questions do not hesitate to use the comments field.